Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Gel Nails

There's something about painted, glittery nails that makes a gal feel pretty and delicate. I wash my hands a lot and I cook almost daily, so manicures do not last a day on me. After seeing the lovely fingernails of my friends, I decided to give gel nails a try.

What is it? Using a gel polish that cures under UV or LED light, making it hard and resistant to chipping, peeling or cracking.

First day of gel manicure

Indeed it is miraculous! Usually my weak nails would be peeling as I grow it out, but the gel prevented that from happening and my polish remained intact.

1 week after gel manicure

Since it didn't break, I didn't cut it and I ended up with long nails that I haven't had since I was pregnant with my oldest. The only problem was that although the polish remained intact, you can obviously see my new nails growing out.

 
2 weeks after gel manicure 

After 2 weeks it became inconvenient to have such long nails so I had to cut it myself.




 Not so pretty now, eh? Grrr ...




2 comments :

  1. Did u use a kit or get it done at the salon? I totally want to do it but have to time to go to the salon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At a salon ... I feel like if I buy a kit, it'll end up at the back of my drawer unused again. It's easier for someone else to do it and a chance for me to escape reality. ;p

      Delete